Monday 21 March 2011

Manchester!!!

This weekend I will be working in Manchester! I will be helping educate hairdressers on new techniques in cut, colour, and style. It is such an honour to be working alongside some amazing, inspirational people.
I’m really looking forward to getting back into the education side of my work. I love the rush you get when you show somebody something new or different that they may have not necessarily have thought of themselves. I always come away from these events feeling very motivated and I find that even though I am teaching, I learn things too. ‘Teacher Learns Most!’ Constant training and education is a massive part in hairdressing, as trends change and products and styles are continuously updated. It is important to keep up to date what is going on, no only in the world of hair, but with fashion too.

I’m very excited to see some of my friends who I work along side with at these inspirational workshops, and
I cant wait to do more of these vents throughout the year!

I have been working at these educational events for 3 years now and its just an incredible experience. I have included a video of an event I worked at last year just so you guys can see what kind of thing we get up to on these workshops!

I’m not even sure whereabouts I am going to be in Manchester, or how many we will be educating. All I know is there will be a team of roughly 20 of us, and we will be teaching a colouring technique and a disconnected haircut which uses the primary shapes (circle, square, triangle) and graduation, layering and one length all in one haircut!

So if anyone is in Manchester on Saturday night feel free to get in touch! I might be near you!

Cyc x

No comments:

Post a Comment