Friday 18 March 2011

Champagne Thursday

So tonight I have been to one of the highlights of my week which is the famous Champagne Thursday! It really is an amazing evening.
Champagne Thursday is and evening myself and another of my best friends came up with. I’m not even sure how it began. We would get together every week, play a few tunes on the piano and do a bit of singing, and at the same time have a bottle of champagne. After a few weeks this became a regular thing and as it was usually on a Thursday. We decided to call it champagne Thursday. It does sound a bit pretentious but actually its just a nice evening with great music, even better company, random conversions and of course, champagne.
A champagne Thursday isn’t complete without at least one song from Vanessa Carlton from the fantastic album ‘Ben Not Nobody’ . I do love this album, and I forget how old it is until I hear it again. Its hard to think that this album is 9 years old. I remember listening to it when I was younger. Cant believe how time fly.
Another thing about champagne Thursday. It would not be complete without a little bit of pole dancing. We always do have a play on the pole. I actually do not and cannot do pole dancing, but it is a good laugh. My friends are very good at it though and it is brilliant to see them hold their body around a pole holding them selves up just by their legs. Its not an easy thing to do, but it does look amazing.
And finally, to finish off the evening we do have to have at least one Disney song on. At the moment it is either a track from ‘The Little Mermaid‘, ‘The Lion King‘, or The Princess and the Frog‘. This week we listened to ‘Poor Unfortunate Souls’ sang by Ursula the sea witch on ‘The Little Mermaid’ This has to be my favourite Disney film of all time.
Anywayzzz, it is getting late and I have a busy day tomoz. Thanx for checking in. Please do become a follower. Would make me happy
Ciao!
Cyc xx

No comments:

Post a Comment